I am a missionary in Spain who desires for the power of the Holy Spirit to be unleashed in me, to be unabashed about the love of Christ, and unafraid to go where God calls. These are my stories in this journey of letting God have everything.

21 May 2006

Guest Writer!!!

First off I have been looking into getting a blog and so i went to blogspot and they told me that it could be my "personal pulpit"- I like that idea a lot more than having to go to seminary to become a priestess. Maybe we could call this my temporary pulpit, and so, to all you laypeople i best introduce myself- My name is Jo. Not Joan as most spanish people assume. Another thing the spanish don't understand about me is my slightly crazed fashion sense that comes out once in while. Don't get me wrong i'm no super model but today i thought my top looked better inside out (there were no labels showing- this wouldn't be cool- it's a thin line). So, with my cool attire i embarked the market in Madrid....i made it a few hours until the bus where a lady told me- 3 times- "you are wearing your top backwards". and when i thanked her she gave me a look which spoke volumes of her opinion of me.....

the thing about blogging is once i start i have to subject people to ever increasing amounts of my own self important thoguhts and credences. and do i really need any encouragement? i feel, after this, you know me. have i exposed myself too much?! The other percieveable danger is that i could become a blog-abuser. Building the hopes up the internet population with my witty insights only to forget to blog and thereby deprive them. it would be abuse in the form of neglect- what would i do to them. i don't know if they'd cope- so maybe the good christiian thing to do would be to shut up, de-blog and leave you all in peace.....

This is my friend Jo from here in Madrid, although she is actually from England. She is trying to decide on whether or not she should get her own blog. I think she should! But until that happens, I told her she needs to share some of her unique experiences through mine. Hope you enjoyed the guest appearance and look for a new post from me in the next day or so. Last weekend I went to Gibraltar, Malaga, and Cordoba with a couple of friends, Jo being one of them. I will tell you all about it soon. Until then...

No comments: