I am a missionary in Spain who desires for the power of the Holy Spirit to be unleashed in me, to be unabashed about the love of Christ, and unafraid to go where God calls. These are my stories in this journey of letting God have everything.

20 September 2007

Beef Stew and Brothers

Yesterday my roommate and I decided that we wanted to make dinner for a friend of ours. His parents are out of town and we just felt that he would really appreciate this. What's the best thing to make for a boy that eats as much as a whole village? Beef Stew of course. It was really fun to make the stew and then surprise him. He was totally taken aback and really appreciative. It was totally worth it just to see the look on his face and hear his question, "Why? Did you make this for me?". I like doing stuff like that for people. It's fun to give unexpectedly. It made me start thinking though.

This friend is basically my brother here in Spain. We pick on each other, fight (just in fun), and I really enjoy hanging out with him and talking to him. His friendship has been such a blessing to me. As I think about how much fun this was, I am missing my biological brothers and realizing how much I really savor and value the brother/sister relationship. I wish that they were here and that I could have made beef stew for them and surprised them. If you don't have brothers, you are missing out, although if you don't have my brothers you are missing out. I have the best brothers in the world. They know when to have fun and when to be serious. Whether they say it or not, I know I am loved by them and they would protect me at all costs.

All this to say, Matthew and Peter I miss you guys a lot. I doubt you even read this, but if you do, know that I love you, miss you, wish you were here, and next time I see you, I'll gladly make you beef stew.
Matt, Mom, Pete, Amy

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

You should tell your brothers to read this. Come over and make me some stew! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i'm not the only one that takes pictures of my food

Paulo J said...

i miss my brother, too. yeah, i haven´t really cooked for him in a while, but when i see him, i do. you can cook for me any time, though, in the meantime.