I am a missionary in Spain who desires for the power of the Holy Spirit to be unleashed in me, to be unabashed about the love of Christ, and unafraid to go where God calls. These are my stories in this journey of letting God have everything.

07 July 2006

Blog Abuse

Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? Well, I did't. I just fell off the face of cyber earth for a while. My friend Jo would call what has happened here "Blog Abuse". She doesn't want to have her own blog for fear that she would neglect her faithful readers and not post often enough. Well, I am guilty of both. I'm sorry. Let me fill you in a bit on all that has kept me away from faithfully updating my blog. These may sound like excuses, but to each his own. I know Pete, "Excuses are for losers," I don't think these are valid reasons. Anyway, at the beginning of June I headed home to Michigan for a week to visit family, friends, supporters, and witness my older brother's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding and a great time with family and friends. I only wish I could have visited for longer. It came at a perfect time though. I had been in Madrid for 5 months when I got to go home for a visit. It was much needed! One week later I reluctantly boarded the plane back to Madrid. The trip went fine but needless to say I was exhausted when I returned to Madrid. I got home, dropped my things off and went straight to my staff meeting. Let me just say, I do not like jet lag at all!!! So then I was back in Madrid for 4 full days before Kelly (my roommate) and I left for vacation to Prague. We spent a week in Prague checking out all that we could possibly see and walk more than we thought possible. It was incredible! Everyone has always told me, "If you can go anywhere in Europe, go to Prague." I am now saying those exact words. The city is just amazingly beautiful. We returned to Madrid on 25 June. Three days later our team leaders, Troy and Heather, and their kids left for the States for the rest of the summer on furlough. Needless to say, those few days with them before they left were quite busy. So now a week and a half after that, things are finally settling back into a routine. Again I apoligize and hope you except my explanation.

I don't want to write much more now so I don't run out of things to say so I can blog again soon. Make sure you check out the "My Pictures" link to the right. I just posted all the pictures from my trip to the States, and more specifically from Matt and Mandace's wedding and all the pictures from my trip to Prague. I will go ahead and apologize now, because there are loads of photos. You may want to grab a glass of lemonaid and get comfortable. I hope you enjoy them though. I had an incredible time in both places and I love taking photos, hence the absurd amount of photos. Well, thanks for being patient with me and I'll write again soon. (Hopefully;))

No comments: