- There is only one thing the world cannot do that the church can - offer grace
- Grace is shockingly personal. As Henri Nouwen points out, "God rejoices. Not because the problems of the world have been solved, not because all human pain and suffering have come to an end, not becuase thousands of people have been converted and are now praising him for his goodness. No, God rejoices because one of his children who was lost has been found."
- The problem of pain meets its match in the scandal of grace.
- Grace costs nothing for the recipients but everything for the giver. Grace is free only because the giver himself has borne the cost.
- Grace delcares that we are still God's pride and joy.
- If grace is so amazing, why don't Christians show more of it? How is it that Christians called to dispense the aroma of grace instead emit the noxious fumes of ungrace?
- Those most conscious of another world have made the most effective Christians in this one. -C. S. Lewis
- The world thirsts for grace. When grace descends, the world falls silent before it.
13 July 2006
What's So Amazing About Grace?
I just finished reading that book, "What's so Amazing about Grace?" byPhilip Yancey yesterday. Wow, it was good. It was eyeopening, heart breaking, and beautiful all at the same time. I want to share some of it with you so here are some quotes from the book that spoke to me.