I am a missionary in Spain who desires for the power of the Holy Spirit to be unleashed in me, to be unabashed about the love of Christ, and unafraid to go where God calls. These are my stories in this journey of letting God have everything.

06 July 2008

Campeones de España

One week ago today Spain won the Euro Cup. It was quite the feat and quite the day. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that day becomes a national holiday, that is if they can fit it in the year will all the other holidays we celebrate here. I'm pretty sure that everyday this week I have seen news and highlights from the game. Europeans sure know how to embrace a sport and make it a way of life. I think I made my brothers proud by following most of the tournament and especially the final games. It was so exciting! I think Spain is still feeling the high of the win. Spanish flags and jerseys can still be seen everywhere. I've enjoyed feeling a part of this country and this culture just by cheering for Spain. "A Por Ellos Oye!"

If it wasn't enough for Spain to win the Euro Cup, today Rafa Nadal won the men's singles in Wimbledon. Yet another reason for celebration. The support for Rafa isn't anything like what it was for the futbol team, but once again Spain raises to the top. One frustrating thing about TV here though is that you will see everything that Spain is involved in, but basically the only thing you'll see is Spain. There were hardly any other games from Wimbledon on TV. Maybe I just need to get more than 5 channels. Oh well. "Podemos!"

No comments: