I am a missionary in Spain who desires for the power of the Holy Spirit to be unleashed in me, to be unabashed about the love of Christ, and unafraid to go where God calls. These are my stories in this journey of letting God have everything.

19 February 2006

Queen of the Nile

Ok I bet you are thinking, where is she going with that title. Well, let me fill you in a bit about my team and the church plant we have here in Madrid. Our church is called Oasis Madrid. Basically, we want to be an oasis to the people of Madrid. We pray that in the desert of their lives they may find peace, hope, and the love of Christ here at Oasis Madrid. Going along with the theme of oasis, desert, etc. each of our team members have interesting and funny nicknames. Troy is "The Village Idiot" mostly because he is hilarious, Kelly is "The Town Cryer" because she "cries" loudly and actually cries, she has a sensitive spirit, I am "The Resident Belly Dancer," I think that is a play on words (ballet/belly). Rest assured, I do not know how to belly dance, maybe someday though. Anyway, that leaves Heather, "The Queen of the Nile" because she is the queen and also because like the Nile she brings sustenance and refreshment to all who come in contact with her. I told Heather that my next blog would be dedicated to her, because if it wasn't for her, I would not be blogging. I have had quite a few minor but annoying issues with my computer and blog sight. She has helped fix them all. She knows quite a bit more about computers than me. She has been my computer's saving grace on a number of occasions when my solution is to throw my computer off our balcony. So Heather I thank you and so does my computer. I love ya!!! You are the best oh wise Queen! By the way, please check out her blog, the link is on the side, it is great.

2 comments:

Heather Cady said...

You are most welcome humble subject :) Anything to get you to stay in Madrid with us forever :)

Love ya,
H

Victoria said...

i need a oasis name. i know im not technically in oasis, but come on. i mean, i practically live with you guys. well, i do live with you guys. so here are some of my ideas. victoria nevens. victoria "drinks a lot of tea" nevens. i like tea. she likes tea. you like tea. anykind of tea. earl victoria. haha. thats a clever one. im just throwin some ideas out. let me know what you think.