I am a missionary in Spain who desires for the power of the Holy Spirit to be unleashed in me, to be unabashed about the love of Christ, and unafraid to go where God calls. These are my stories in this journey of letting God have everything.

06 March 2006

2-Month-Aversary


Holy cow, I can't even believe that I have been living in Madrid for two months now. It is simply unbelievable, but it is true. God has been so good to me over the past couple of months. I have been able to see quite a bit of Madrid, go to Geneva, dance a few times, make some incredible new friends, and serve Madrid. I feel like I am finally starting to settle in. I have a more regular schedule now and will even be starting to take some classical ballet/spanish ballet classes this week. I am so excited!!! This past week our team leaders were gone to Lisbon for a conference with other team leaders from Christian Associates. Kelly and I watched their kids and put together our Oasis service for Saturday night. We are in a series on "body parts" and offering them to God. Kelly talked about the right brain and it was great. You should check it out here. When Kelly was finished talking, I danced the prayer. It was really cool. Because the room we meet in is pretty small there isn't much space to dance so I used American Sign Language and some smaller dance steps to pray the Lord's Prayer, sung by Jennifer Knapp. I am so thankful that God invites us to worship Him in creative and engaging ways. HE IS SO GOOD!!!

Another highlight from this weekend was that the founder/director of my organization, CAI, Linus Morris came to visit. He and his wife Sharon came to our Oasis Madrid service Saturday night and then visited Mountainview Church, another CAI church in Madrid on Sunday. Last night all of the CAI missionaries got together with Linus and Sharon. This is just one more thing I love about CAI, a director who really cares about what is going on, even with the little interns like me, and is incredibly real and down to earth. I know that God is pleased with what Christian Associates is doing. I am so greatful to be a part of a community of grace like this. Speaking of community, our community of believers is getting together tonight for a slightly late Ash Wednesday service, Troy and Heather were gone last week. I am really looking forward to this time of being vulnerable and open with my brothers and sisters in Christ and beginning to prepare for Easter. What a loving and powerful God we serve.

Well, I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to post another blog, would you believe culture shock if I used that as an excuse?! Seriously, it is interesting how moving away from everyone you know into a completely new culture can mess with your brain. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but there are days when I really miss my family, friends who really know me, my church in the states, and hearing English spoken on the street and in shops. On those days, I know that God is with me and wants me to be here, out of my comfort zone, taking a risk for His kingdom. I pray that where ever you are, God will take you out of your comfort zone for the furthering of His kingdom.

No comments: